Pages

June 22, 2015

Daddy's Top 10


Seeing as yesterday was Jeff's first official Father's Day (last year the Bun was still in the Oven), I thought it would be fitting to reflect on some of the things I appreciate about my husband as a dad. So here is Daddy's Top 10, in no particular order.


He doesn't turn his nose up at a diaper change. In fact, when he is home he changes just about all of Baby Cakes' dirty drawers.

He has a sweet bedtime routine that he does nightly with our son. And both of them LOVE it.

He looks for opportunities to have daddy-son outings so Mama can have much-needed "alone time" (aka being able to run errands without lugging 20+ lbs of baby chunk around town).

He regularly tells me what a beautiful woman and mother I am.

He is humble and quick to apologize during tired parent spats.

He swoops in to entertain Baby Cakes when he can tell both baby and mama need a break from each other.

He has a blast finding organic fruits and veggies on sale, and excitedly purees as much baby food as I do!

On top of his normal full-time job and taking amazing care of his family, he stays up late every night working on his MBA in order to better provide for us.

He keeps our fridge stocked with a modest array of white wines as a mommy treat on particularly stressful days.

He loves Jesus more than he loves me or our son, which equips him to love us with a grace and strength beyond his own ability.


Here's to you, Hubby. You're my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment