Pages

July 1, 2012

Sunny San Diego...Sort Of

This has proven to be a busy month of traveling and baby showering, not leaving me time for thoughtful, clever blog posts (okay, so I like to think I'm clever at least some of the time). Here is a quick and painless recap in photos of my trip to visit family in California a few weeks ago. Lest you view this first photo and think, "Ah, sunny San Diego," let me explain that Southern Cali beach towns in June are lucky to make it to 75 degrees chilly during the day. I'll take what they call California "June Gloom" over the sunny, suffocating temps of 100-106 we've had in Raleigh this week anytime! Sigh...



Oh, you know, I just drive my giant golf cart to dinner. Or my Mercedes. Both very Californian and funny to see parked side by side.


Gorgeous Fuschia hanging flowers. I thought these looked like magical Disney flowers growing up.


I developed a new fondness for Dahlias while visiting the San Diego County Fair's flower show. What an amazing flower! God is ridiculously creative. Love.


A trip to visit my family in Solana Beach isn't complete without at LEAST one meal at Tony's Jacal Mexican Restaurant. It's been around since the 1940's and is holy frijoles good!! This is quite possibly the best chimichanga made in the United States. You can be jealous.


Next update to come in a week or so. The hubs and I are headed to Steamboat Springs, Colorado to visit my other side of the family tomorrow! No fireworks for the Fourth of July in wildfire country, but we'll make some patriotic mischief of our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment