Pages

June 30, 2011

a little summer reading

Ever since I have been old enough to have a substantial homework load, I have looked forward to summers for mostly one reason. More important than extra sleep, more refreshing than a dip in the pool is a lazy afternoon spent curled up in a hammock, favorite new book in hand. While I sadly no longer have a porch equipped with a hammock, I do have a pretty comfy sofa. And thanks to my new position as a 9th grade humanities teacher this fall, I have a hefty pile of classics to read over the next six weeks. Here's what's on my list. Brownie points if you can figure out the real titles.

Little Bunny Fiver
The Oldest Written Story on Earth
There's No Place Like Ithaca
Someone Has a Daddy Complex
Cupid's Beau and Her Jealous Little Sister
And This Little Piggy Got Crushed By a Rock
Two Warring Families and a Whole Lot of Hormonal Teen Angst

No comments:

Post a Comment